Tuesday 15 May 2012

Celebrity 'Blue-ppers'

Raise your hands arms legs feet bum head or whatever you can, if you love going to a gig or two? Keep them raised if, like me, you love meeting the star(s) afterwards?

...Don't be shy, you know you do!

Anticipation, excitement and nerves all at once is a one of a kind feeling isn't it, and all for a momentary glimpse or photo with your favourite Celeb. If you're lucky, you may exchange a single sentence, maybe even touch their elbow or knee! I know I know, It was the only bit of their anatomy you could reach at the time..... you know, in some cultures, that means you just had sex!

I've experienced everything in mention on several occasions - I'm a bit of a stage door stalker. In a non stalkery kind of way you understand. 

One such celebrity I was "fortunate" enough to meet, was the now bulging bi-sexual that is: Duncan James. 
I met him with a friend when we saw the brilliant west end show 'Legally Blonde' He was lovely, and at the time, I was equally as star struck by his presence.

Though I was far more interested in the fantastically witty Sheridan Smith: 

Such a lovely gal! x

However, thanks to a friend of mine, in the last 24 hours I've become aware of an interview (found at holymoly.com) that Duncan & his band mates - collectively known as Blue, did for The Guardian in regards to their UK entry in the Eurovision Song contest in April of last year (2011) 

Sufficed to say, I found the read as successful as their Eurovision attempt entirely. 

Being a cripp does have it's perks at times, like: Not having to queue at theme parks such as Alton Towers Resort, or Disabled parking. But even though we're 'disabled people', we're still normal, right? - Not according to Duncan James. 

Below I've posted a segment from the interview mentioned throughout, (I've highlighted the worst) quoting DJ in reply to the interviewer when he asked "Whose the most popular?":-
 "We all have different fans, I get a lot of the mums and the disabled children. A lot of my fans have got cerebral palsy, but you know what? I love children like that, and I love people who have got disabilities because I spent a lot of time in hospital with my grandparents when they were ill, and Mum was a nurse. It's just in my nature. I'm like a magnet to them, and I treat them like normal people so they latch on. I once had a launch party and there was a queue of disabled kids all in wheelchairs come to see me, and Sara [the band's manager] walked in and goes: 'What is it with you and disabled people?'" 
So Duncan, correct me if I'm wrong: you love disabled people because: unfortunately, your grandparents were poorly and in turn they became disabled??

Thank you, sincerely, for treating us - your disabled fans, like normal people.
Seriously, If it wasn't for your kind gesture that's 'just in your nature' I would never have realised I was so ab-normal!

....Your intentions seem good, but your argument is completely demoralising to your 'much loved' disabled fans and as such they're are probably more than a little offended!

If the truth be told, we should both be ashamed really:

You: for the most insulting answer to a question EVER!

Me: For being a fan in the first place.

It seemed like a good idea at the time though - I bet you could relate to that couldn't you boys?....


Chaz!
xx



1 comment: